Banks Intake Resonator Delete 2020-2022 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax L5P
Please read through the following instructions thoroughly before starting your installation. If you have any questions please visit our Support Page.
1. For ease of installation of your Banks resonator delete system, familiarize yourself with the procedure by reading the entire manual before starting work.
2. The exploded view of the resonator delete assembly provides only general guidance. Refer to each step and section diagram in this manual for proper instruction.
3. Throughout this manual, the left side of the vehicle refers to the driver’s side and the right side to the passenger’s side.
4. Disconnect the ground cable from the battery before beginning work. If there are two batteries, disconnect both.
5. Route and tie wires and hoses a minimum of six inches away from exhaust heat, moving parts and sharp edges. Clearance of eight inches or more is recommended where possible.
6. During installation, keep the work area clean. If foreign debris is transferred to any Banks component, clean it thoroughly before installing.
7. When raising the vehicle, support it on properly weight-rated safety stands, ramps or a commercial hoist.
Follow the manufacturer’s safety precautions. Take care to balance the vehicle to prevent it from slipping or falling. When using ramps, be sure the front wheels are centered squarely on the topsides; put the transmission in park; set the parking brake; and place blocks behind the rear wheels.
Do not use floor jacks to support the vehicle while working under it. Do not raise the vehicle onto concrete blocks, masonry or any other item not intended specifically for this use.
Vehicles that come with a Vehicle Emissions Control Information (VECI) label affixed to the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) air intake system airbox must replace the VECI label when installing a Banks Ram-Air® Intake System. A missing VECI label will prevent the vehicle from passing a smog inspection. A replacement VECI label can be obtained from the dealership. Replacement VECI labels must be in a location that is readily visible, on a painted surface in the engine bay, and shall not be affixed to any equipment that is easily detached from the vehicle.
13mm Deep Socket
11mm Deep Socket
Section 1: General Assembly
Bill of Materials
Section 2: Stock Intake Tube Removal
Use caution when working in the engine compartment. Make sure the engine has been OFF for several hours and cool. Some components from the stock air intake system will remain in service. Take care when removing stock air intake components to not damage them.
1. Using a 13mm socket to loosen the nut that is hidden behind the factory resonator.
2. Using an 8mm socket, loosen the hose clamp from the duct to the airbox.
Then remove the clamp connecting the duct to the turbo inlet.
3. With all of the attachments loosened, slip the duct of the airbox and pull the entire assembly out.
Section 3: Installing the Banks Resonator Delete
1. Install the rubber boots with clamps.
With clamps loosely in place, place the turbo inlet boot and tighten the clamp with an 11mm socket.
2. Then place the other rubber boot on the airbox.
3. Slide the intake duct into position on the airbox side.
4. Slide the turbo inlet side into the rubber boot until you feel the duct slide into place.
5. Use an 11mm socket to tighten both clamps to lock the intake duct into place.
You have successfully installed the Banks Intake Resonator Delete.