Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking a Sales/Customer Support person with a true passion for all things automotive to join our team. The right person will serve as the first point of contact for customer sales and will respond to, and resolve, customer concerns in a timely and professional manner. Having an understanding of performance products for the automotive aftermarket industry is ideal.
Successful candidate will:
- Respond to incoming calls, voicemails, e-mail, text and chat from prospective buyers; assist walk in customers, and schedule install customers or refer customers to authorized dealers as necessary. Make confirmation calls to customers prior to installation date and resolve scheduling conflicts and missed appointments as necessary. Emphasize product features, quote prices, and prepare sales orders. Provide order and inventory status as requested by customer for all sales accounts. Meet or exceed established sales quotas.
- Enter customer information, sales information, and requests for literature into the CRM system. Update customer record throughout the sales cycle. Make follow up calls to ensure customers received product information, and answer any additional questions needed to sell products. Make follow up calls post sale to ensure customers satisfaction with product, and answer any additional questions to make related sales if needed.
- Call on and develop customers by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features. Remain educated on product features, changes in products as well as upcoming products. Understand the market and competition.
- Maintain accurate and useful data base records. This includes discussions, attempted contacts, and all internal discussions with customer regarding the needs of the customer along with final resolution.
- Attend occasional local trade shows and promotional activities.
- Answer inbound calls to identify and resolve caller needs by providing information, problem resolution, or troubleshooting to customers over the telephone with professional courtesy and enthusiasm ensuring customer satisfaction. Use superior diagnostic skills to resolve customer questions.
- Respond to all customer contact or inquiries (including voicemail, e-mail, text, or chat) on the same day as received, even if resolution of the issue cannot be immediate. Always keep the customer advised of status of issue.
- Determine whether a customer inquiry should be handled by the technical support group, or if assistance is needed from engineering. Ensure that all required and pertinent information to properly investigate the issue is obtained and documented in the CRM system during the initial customer contact.
- Respond to retail warranty issues. Follow company policy regarding the shipment of warranty replacement product to customers. Complete all documentation for customer orders, i.e. shipping method, correct address and appropriate freight amount.
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience required.
- Must have knowledge of gasoline and diesel trucks and motor homes.
- Understanding of performance engines and non-OEM engine use (racing, marine, vehicle conversion, etc.) is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret inter-company reports and procedures, general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Must have the ability to write clearly and informatively, edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and accurately, and read and interpret written information and instructions.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and other employees, and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals.
- Must have the ability to calculate discounts.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook), and accounting software (Intuitive preferred).
- Have an outgoing personality and be able to maintain a strong professional attitude at all times.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and Aflac plans along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic work environment.
Certain positions with Gale Banks Engineering require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. Persons,” as defined in these regulations. Generally, a “U.S. Person” is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.