Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking a Fabricator with interest or experience in automotive or high performance. Responsibilities will include designing and building prototype parts for diesel, gasoline, and shop applications
Successful candidate will:
- Consult with Engineers and other personnel regarding product information such as design, capacity, purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate products. Ensure that company design standards and policies are met.
- Interact with the manufacturing department to ensure that proposed designs meet manufacturing requirements.
- Analyze written specifications, drawings, rough sketches, blueprints and verbal instructions to plan layout and determine sequence of operations.
- Generate purchase orders for newly designed and approved products to be used in production.
- Select metal stock and lay out design according to dimensions computed from scale drawings.
- Maintain shop fabrication consumables quantities and generate purchase orders as necessary.
- Fabricate inlet and exhaust systems, fittings, mounts, brackets, tubular exhaust manifolds, engine components, inter-coolers, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Install parts and materials such as electrical wiring, brackets, manifold castings and exhaust components.
- Install alternate system designs on test vehicles in order to evaluate other design solutions; gather reported data. Evaluate installation procedures and recommend changes or modifications for efficiency and correctness.
- Perform heat-treating and annealing.
- Inspect parts using calipers, gauges and other inspection tools to maintain adherence to specifications, tolerances, form, fit and function.
- Organize and prioritize daily work tasks in order to accommodate other engineering employee’s production schedules.
- Inspect and maintain welding and sheet metal forming & cutting equipment and perform minor preventative maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Operate machines such as shears, cutoff saws, brakes, punch press, form roll and drill press to cut and shape components to specified dimensions. Operate MIG/TIG welders to complete assembly.
- MIG/TIG weld multiple materials of varying thicknesses such as mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Conform to special welding needs of certain materials for proper fabrication (i.e. back-purging stainless assemblies).
- Effectively manage several tasks/projects simultaneously and adjust priorities as required to maintain schedules. Work at a pace that will meet or exceed deadlines. Develop alternative solutions; demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles. Insure the professional and courteous atmosphere in the Engineering department at all times and always maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with a minimum of 3+ years of experience fabricating products and performing light metal machining work; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of experience and education.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and understand correspondences, engineering documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals, blueprints, schematics, and engineering specifications.
- Must be able to create and interpret engineering drawings.
- Must be proficient operating machines and equipment such as band saws, grinders. OCC plasma cutters, shears, cutoff saws, brakes, punch presses, form rolls, drill presses, and MIG/TIG welders.
- Experience with English Wheel and the Plannishing Hammer, CNC lathe and Mill machining desired.
- Experience with CNC plasma/laser tables helpful.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and Aflac plans along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic work environment.
Certain positions with Gale Banks Engineering require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. Persons,” as defined in these regulations. Generally, a “U.S. Person” is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.