Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. Responsibilities will include developing, planning, and implementing optimal cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, methods, and controls. Coordinating manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Successful candidate will:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Performs product/process analysis of manufacturing processes and methods for improved cost-reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency with the production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Assists in improving and carrying out a system of problem resolution, project management, production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment then analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs then apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Liaison between engineering and manufacturing departments
- Interpret engineering drawings including GD&T to determine production conformance.
- Conduct thorough root cause analysis, initiate containment action including quality alerts, and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for quality inspection on in-house and outsourced productions. Prepare inspection report and evaluate internal/external vendors corrective actions.
- Successful candidate will have Associate’s degree in engineering or related field and at least 4+ years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related field and at least 3+ years previous experience.
- Previous experience with ISO 9001:2008 and/or TS-16949 procedures preferred.
- Ability to operate forklift required.
- Automotive component manufacturing and automotive component assembly or manufacturing background strongly preferred.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and Aflac plans along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic work environment.
Certain positions with Gale Banks Engineering require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. Persons,” as defined in these regulations. Generally, a “U.S. Person” is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.