66560, 66561, 66562, 66563, 61410, 66760
iDash 1.8 DataMonster® & Super Gauge Stand alone instrument for ALL 2008+ OBDII CAN bus vehicles
Please read through the following instructions thoroughly before starting your installation. If you have any questions please visit our Support Page.
Section 10: Shift Light
The iDash features a user-configurable shift light for you to set to any desired RPM and change to any of the 23 colors available.
When enabled, the shift light will take priority over all other alerts (see Figure 10-1) and will remain on the display as long as RPM is over the defined trigger RPM. The shift light will disappear from the display after engine RPM drops 300 RPM below the set trigger point.
To enable/disable the shift light and set the trigger rpm:
- Select “Shift Light” from the main “MENU.”
- Select the first item in the “Shift Light” menu to turn it “On” or “Off“. See Figure 10-2, A.
- Select “Set RPM.” See Figure 10-2, B.
- Scroll UP or DOWN (see Figure 10-2, B) in increments of 100 RPM to set the trigger point at which the shift light will illuminate. NOTE: Due to data communication delay of vehicle OBD-II, you may need to set your shift light RPM lower than your desired shift point.
- To adjust shift light text and/or background-color: Select “Shift Light” from the main “MENU.”
- Select “Set Shift Light Font Color” to change text color.
- Scroll (UP or DOWN) through the list and press “YES” to select a color. Pressing “NO” will take you back to the “Shift Light” menu.
- “Set Shift Light Background Color” to customize the look of your shift light.
- Scroll UP or DOWN through the list and press “Yes” to select a color. Pressing “No” will take you back to the “Shift Light” menu.
- Return to the Gauge Screen when finished.