Banks Power, is seeking a Product Support Engineering Intern to work part time, 12-15 hours per week while attending classes and full time, up to 40 hours per week during the summer.
Successful candidate will:
- Maintain a master list of all company products and associated Owner’s/Installation manuals.
- Work with Engineering, Technical Support, and Installation department to ensure completeness of Owner’s/Installation manuals documents.
- Maintain and update current Owner’s/Installation manuals, and create new Owner’s/Installation manuals as needed per new products.
- Work with Engineering to ensure Marketing, Sales and other departments have the current release of user and installation manuals.
- Provide a weekly report to management regarding work in progress and product status; assist with miscellaneous projects as directed.
- Review BOM (Bill of Materials) to consolidate and rationalize products to reduce the amount of part numbers.
- Install products on vehicles to perform hands on tests and evaluation of products in development and repair.
- Analyze well-defined technical problems related to the support of new or existing products, processes, or services.
- Research competitive products in various markets. Document and report findings.
- Test and evaluate products, processes, or services. Document and report findings. Help to implement changes to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Create engineering documentation necessary to release or change products .
- Evaluate PPAP samples from suppliers. Document and report findings.
- Work with cross-functional team members, providing engineering support to resolve well-defined technical problems.
- Successful candidate will have completed 2 years of coursework toward a ME degree or Engineering Technology Bachelors degree, good technical writing abilities, and a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Must be an automotive enthusiast and have a passion for aftermarket automotive products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have excellent technical skills and good technical writing ability.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a unique opportunity for hands on experience with a market leading, innovative company. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. For immediate consideration, please email your resume and a copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.