Banks Power is seeking an Electronic Engineering Technician with automotive experience. Responsibilities will include performing a variety of tests, building, repairing, and modifying developmental electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems.
Successful candidate will:
- Assemble SMT (Surface-Mount Technology) and thru-hole printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) using industry-standard/proper soldering and re-work techniques.
- Design, document (using Altium/Protel and/or OrCAD CAD software), assemble and test electrical wiring harnesses for prototype and production electronic products.
- Generate schematic diagrams and perform printed circuit board (PCB) layouts of prototype and production electronic designs using Altium/Protel and/or OrCAD CAD software.
- Troubleshoot/diagnose electronic circuitry down to the component level using test equipment (oscilloscopes, VOMs, signal generators, etc…), schematic circuit diagrams and component data sheets. Repair diagnosed circuitry using thru-hole and SMD (surface-mount-device) re-work/soldering equipment and observing industry-standard ESD-preventive procedures.
- Analyze manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams to locate and define electrical/electronic signals in vehicles. Utilize test equipment including oscilloscope and VOM for characterizing and documenting those same electrical/electronic signals.
- Set up standard test apparatus or devise test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests used to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model; analyze and interpret test data.
- Perform installation of prototypes, pre-production systems and sub-systems for evaluation. Check functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system’s operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Adjust, calibrate, align, and modify circuitry and components and record effects on unit performance using data logging equipment.
- Discuss layout and assembly procedures with Engineers to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Organize, maintain and track stock levels of prototype parts inventory.
- Understand business implications of decisions and align work with corporate strategic goals. Have the ability to deal with and manage changing demands and priorities effectively and develop alternative solutions; demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles. Maintain confidentiality; ensure the professional and courteous atmosphere in the Engineering department at all times and maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
- AA degree preferred with a minimum of 3+ years of experience as an Electronics Technician; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of experience and education within the automotive industry.
- Must be proficient at laying out, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying developmental electronic systems
- Must be able to operate power hand tools such as soldering irons, wire/connectors, crimpers, and drills.
- Ability to cleanly and professionally assemble SMT (Surface-Mount Technology) and thru-hole printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) using industry-standard/proper soldering and re-work techniques. Must be aware of and observe proper ESD practices.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged.
Banks is the originator of, and has been, the market leader in the performance diesel aftermarket for the last 34 years. Banks is currently innovating heavily in the performance gasoline and diesel turbo charging market by leveraging recent monitoring and control patents. Banks has designed its own electronics for the last 26 years and is currently developing a wide range of new and innovative command, control and monitoring products. We commonly use racing projects as test beds to accelerate deterioration and test the durability of our electronic and mechanical products and we usually set records in the process.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.