Banks Power is an established, market-leading manufacturer of high-end performance power train products and engines, for automobiles, trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking a full time Staff Accountant that will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports as necessary. Assist with maintaining manufacturing cost accounting records. Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations, maintain the general ledger and fixed asset records and other reports and projects as necessary.
Successful candidate will:
- Prepare journal entries
- Support the company cash and treasury activities
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Review general ledger variance accounts and provide variance reports
- Responsible for general ledger and general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare sales and use tax and property tax returns
- Maintain prepaid balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed asset/depreciation records
- Ensure compliance with company policies and GAAP accounting principles
- Assist with maintaining cost accounting records including material, labor, outside processing and burden standards. Prepare and/or assist with preparing standard compared to actual variance reports.
- Prepare bi-weekly commission report
- Assist in supporting internal and external audits as required
- Handle special assignments from Controller and other individuals
- Assist accounting staff as necessary
- Accounting degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years related accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Able to meet or exceed set deadlines.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in applying accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and leadership
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with management and others
- Must have the ability to work well with people and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented and able to work under time constraints and deadlines
- Must be flexible with schedule during the closing period
- Strong knowledge of accrual accounting and good MS Excel skills
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.