Coordinate all activities related to procurement of mechanical, electrical and raw materials beginning with intent to purchase through delivery including negotiations of cost by performing the following duties.
Skills and Abilities:
- Review requisitions, MRP exception reports and determine method of procurement, generate purchase orders and determine best method of delivery
- MRP and ERP reporting, inventory management, PPAPs and 1st article submission
- Act as liaison between company and suppliers, source and evaluate suppliers. Evaluate and maintain accurate and detailed vendor lead times
- Strong background in negotiations with vendors related to fair market pricing, price increases and contract negotiations
- Award bids to selected vendor(s) and notify non- selected vendors
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies, defective materials, vendor returns, payment discrepancies and denials
Requires Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, and minimum three years purchasing and material planning experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet navigation, and have a good working knowledge of MRP. Macola accounting software experience preferred.