Software Engineer-Handheld Devices:
Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking a full time Software Engineer/Programmer to research, design, develop and test automotive control and display software. Here is your chance to champion large projects!
Successful candidate will:
- Architect, design & develop robust and scalable software for hand-held based applications
- Research, plan and design software systems using C++ for WinCE or Linux, and/or Java for Android
- Develop software applications for UI (User Interface) modules (handheld devices) that will be integrated with vehicle’s existing electronic control systems
- USB driver experience is desired.
- Consult with electrical engineering staff to define and document project requirements.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documents regarding software operating logical flow and operational parameters.
- Develop and direct software system testing procedures.
- Create test plans and conduct tests to find errors.
- Confirm that programs meet specifications.
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner’s manuals, and write technical reports.
- BS degree in computer science or in a related field.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with 3+ years designing and developing software applications or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing applications in C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio for Windows/WINCE.
- Experience with the Java programming language and the Eclipse IDE for Android.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2125.