We are currently seeking a full time Shipping Lead to pack, pull/check customer orders, handle and replenish material, manually package individual components into kit form, and verify and keep records on outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment. Occasionally oversee, direct, and coordinate the activities and staff members in the Shipping Department. This is a hands-on position that requires a great deal of attention to detail.
Successful candidate will:
* In accordance with the work order requirements, places individual components into kit ensuring each component is the correct part for the kit, correct quantity for the kit, and in undamaged condition.
* Reports any discrepancies to lead person or supervisor.
* Inserts protective packing material into kit.
* Verifies completed kit is assembled completely and accurately in accordance with work order.
* Build kits on demand and enter product information into Intuitive.
* Assemble containers; insert items into containers; affix shipping labels on packed cartons; post weights and shipping charges and affix postage.
* Establish and plan shipping priorities and tasks.
* Run the daily order transaction report to compare shipments to shipment orders; investigate and track shipment issues with carriers; communicate with internal GBE departments to inform them of, or resolve shipments discrepancies and issues.
* Obtain shipping materials; determine method of shipment; compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items for outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders, or other records.
* Pull parts from picklist to be shipped via UPS, Fed Ex, LTL, USPS and USPS Priority.
* Confirms all orders on picklist, and enter registration and serial numbers for orders.
* Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
* Operate tier lift truck or use hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments.
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* 2-5 years previous experience in shipping or distribution environment required.
* Ability to operate forklift required.
* A working knowledge of UPS shipping methods, Federal Express shipping methods, LTL rate quotes, and LTL shipment tracking required.
* General computer knowledge needed.
* Ability to regularly lift/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance).
* Experience with Intuitive preferred.
* Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
* Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
* Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
* Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
* Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
* Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to email@example.com
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.