Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading manufacturer of aftermarket performance products for trucks, SUVs and motor homes. We are currently seeking a full time Network Administrator to perform local and wide area computer networking and administrative activities.
Successful candidate will:
- Maintain the local and wide area network hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment such as: firewalls, personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, modems and cabling. Establish and maintain network users, the user environment, network security and network directories. Perform e-mail administration functions. Ensure optimum availability of the system to the end users. Identify changes within the company that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and make recommendations for taking the appropriate action(s). Handle miscellaneous projects as directed.
- Ensure continual network stability and reliability within the company and monitor any changes that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and take the appropriate action(s).
- Resolve network or desktop issues by analyzing and collecting information about the existing problem(s) and performing diagnostic procedures in order to isolate the source of the problem(s).
- Respond to incoming telephone, voice-mail, e-mail and in person requests for assistance from users with problems concerning their phone systems, desktop problems, access to the network and the operation of various software applications. Prepare network incident records; analyze incident reports for re-occurring network and telecommunications problems. Interact with users in a professional, courteous and patient manner at all times; communicate technical information in a non-technical manner as needed.
- Analyze and collect information about existing problem(s) and perform diagnostic procedures in order to isolate the source of the problem(s). Provide resolution to problem(s) within a timely manner. Provide status updates to end users and management as necessary. Refer and escalate more complex issues to the IT Director for appropriate problem resolution or direction.
- Perform network configurations, server upgrades and data migrations; perform daily backups and deliver backup tapes to the offsite storage destination. Assist with analyzing network and memory utilization and make recommendations to increase network performance.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of disaster recovery plans; recommend and implement network security measures to safeguard the network; perform network security administration tasks.
- Perform database administration functions on MS Access and SQL Server databases. Maintain PBX, handsets and CTI applications on VOIP systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all web and internet activities including Web and DNS servers, multiple firewalls, virus/malware systems, mail servers and IDS systems.
- Provide assistance to support Helpdesk SLA’s and support the Systems Administrator as needed. Participate in the creation of IT troubleshooting methods and procedures.
- As directed, procure new services, hardware, software and any other necessary IT equipment.
- Contact vendors for assistance with complex or un-resolvable problems and/or to set up server preventative maintenance and vendor services as necessary.
- Possession of an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification or equivalent is desired but not necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Help Desk or PC Technician position.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and desktop operating systems, various software application and basic hardware for the PC, principles and theories of network systems and management Internet technologies and products, and have an understanding of electrical safety procedures.
- Knowledge of Macintosh and web site design is desired but not required. Must posses a valid (Class C) Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a generous 401k match. Gale Banks Engineering provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.