Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with automotive experience to research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems related to automotive and marine applications of diesel and gasoline high-performance engines.
Successful candidate will:
- Use Solidworks extensively to design automotive aftermarket high-performance components and systems (e.g. turbochargers, intercoolers, air intakes, superchargers, wastegates, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, etc).
- Manage multiple projects from conception through production by researching, planning, and designing mechanical and electromechanical automotive performance products and systems.
- Track project progress ensuring projects remain on schedule and meet the cost and performance targets established
- Write technical specifications and engineering documents; develop Bills of Material, technical product installation manuals and owner’s manuals. May create illustrations.
- Interact with internal and external entities such as purchasing, supplier quality, manufacturing, customer service, installation and outside vendors throughout all phases of product development.
- Research various external component and materials suppliers and review specifications to ensure component compliance and compatibility with our products.
- Research, analyze and compare various material properties in order to choose and/or recommend the best materials for a given product or application.
- Research OEM and competitive products and patents, and make recommendations for design strategies.
- Interact with engineering personnel in the fabrication of test apparatus and equipment, and the development of methods and procedures for testing products and systems. Analyze test data and summarize findings, write technical engineering reports and engineering documents.
- Coordinate prototype fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specification. Evaluate and recommend design modifications.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Successful candidate will have a BSME degree with 3+ years mechanical engineering experience utilizing SolidWorks, OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of experience and education within the automotive industry. Experience with foundry processes and plastic molding processes (injection and rotational) desired.
Banks is the originator of, and has been, the market leader in the performance diesel aftermarket for the last 34 years. Banks is currently innovating heavily in the performance gasoline and diesel turbo charging market by leveraging recent monitoring and control patents. Banks has designed its own electronics for the last 26 years and is currently developing a wide range of new and innovative command, control and monitoring products. We commonly use racing projects as test beds to accelerate deterioration and test the durability of our electronic and mechanical products. We usually set records in the process. If you enjoy seeing your work in finished, market winning product, Banks is the place for you.
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to email@example.com.