Please read through the following instructions thoroughly before starting your installation. If you have any questions please visit our Support Page.
We are currently seeking an experienced General Ledger Accountant to support the activities of the Controller and the Accounting Department.
Successful candidate will:
- Maintain, prepare and enter the general journal entries and payroll journal entries from external payroll service; preparation of the monthly financial statements; maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules; reconcile bank deposits and statements; maintain balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
- Prepare sales commission schedules; maintain and prepare Engineering Project distribution schedules; submit final report to Human Resources for payroll processing.
- Assist Controller in the operation of the account department. Oversee the maintenance of filing systems; archive and store aged accounting documents; study, standardize and recommend procedures to improve departmental efficiency.
- Maintain relationships, financial institutions, insurance companies and legal entities for the purposes of conducting general daily accounting business transactions; Communicate accounting information with department staff, company employees, vendors, reporting agencies and clients.
- Provide assistance and guidance on A/P issues associated with GL coding, inventory and sales tax issues. Perform any A/P duties as needed.
- Compile and analyze various financial reports; internal audits and implement recommended accounting controls; prepare materials for external audits; assist in the management of special projects.
- Prepare and file specialized environmental and occupational returns.
- Daily banking review; transfers; process customer ACH receipts; prepare wire transfers, stop payments, etc.
- Prepare weekly Cash Position Report – Monday mornings.
- Review Daily Sales Report and verify results to ensure integrity of data on a monthly basis.
- Assist in report development as needed to support new and/or changing management demands.
- Go to bank as needed for petty cash.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Honesty, integrity, and reliabiltiy to ensure the utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. 3-5 yrs. experience reconciling and maintaining G/L accounts; journal entries; maintaining fixed assets; subsidiary accounts and expense allocation. Experience reconciling bank statements, A/P and A/R accounts and preparing financial statements. Must have the ability to operate a PC and all office equipment. Strong work experience with MS Office, Excel spreadsheets (advanced skill level), Crystal Reports, and contact management systems.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to: email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2125.