Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with automotive power train and engine systems control experience. If you love high performance vehicles and Southern California, there is nothing west of the Mississippi River that compares with Banks. Banks is a highly innovative company that pioneered Twin Turbo systems in the ‘60″s, Twin Turbo tuner cars in the ‘70″s, pickup truck diesel turbo systems in the ‘80’s, inline diesel electronic tuning modules in the ‘90’s and speed seeking exhaust brake controllers in the 2000’s. Currently Banks is supplying V6 and V8 turbocharged diesel engines as a Tier 1 supplier to various military vehicle manufacturers.
Successful candidate will:
Design and Implement automotive control electronics
- Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, data acquisition equipment, and dynomometers
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner’s manuals, and write technical reports.
- Integrate user-interface with software subsystems, document changes, and provide timely support to other development groups
- Work on real world customer-facing application challenges
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in complex systems
- Communicate effectively *(written and verbally) with management and other software developers on ideas and solutions to software development problems
- Solve problems and create solutions for embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
- BSCS or BSEE degree with a strong background designing and developing embedded software applications.
- OR THE EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of 5 years of job experience as an Embedded Automotive Software Engineer and education within the automotive industry.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Able to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls is desired.
- J1939, USB, J1850, RS232, RS485, ISO9141, and CAN communications experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
- Experience in the design and implementation of automotive control electronics.
Banks is the originator of, and has been, the market leader in the performance diesel aftermarket for the last 34 years. Banks is currently innovating heavily in the performance gasoline and diesel turbocharging market by leveraging recent monitoring and control patents. Banks has designed its own electronics for the last 26 years and is currently developing a wide range of new and innovative command, control and monitoring products. We commonly use racing projects as test beds to accelerate deterioration and test the durability of our electronic and mechanical products. We usually set records in the process. If you enjoy seeing your work in finished, market winning product, Banks is the place for you.
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a 401k Program. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org