Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking full time Embedded Software Engineer/Programmer to research, design, develop and test automotive real-time embedded software.
Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language to develop software applications for modules that will be integrated with vehicle’s existing electronic control systems.
- Consult with electrical engineering staff to define and document project requirements, and be responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documents regarding software operating logical flow and operational parameters.
- Develop and direct software system testing procedures, create test plans and conduct tests to find errors, and confirm that programs meet specifications.
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner’s manuals, and write technical reports.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with a minimum of 5 years experience designing and developing embedded software applications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language and experience with assembler language a plus.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls as well as USB, J1850, RS232, RS485, ISO9141, and CAN communications desired.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, and a pleasant and professional working environment. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2127.
Offices and facilities are located on a tree-shaded 7-acre campus in Irwindale, California, about 10 miles east of Pasadena.