Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading manufacturer of automotive aftermarket performance products for trucks, motor homes and SUVs. We are currently seeking an experienced Buyer/Planner with a strong background in researching and recommending new suppliers and a proven ability to negotiate with vendors.
Successful candidate will verify that commodities are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and that the products meet the standards of the company. Will develop alternate sources in the event of inadequacy of the regular supplier. Skilled in purchase order creation, vendor follow up and assuring that all vendors are following proper procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in inventory management
- MRP and ERP reporting
- Evaluating and maintaining accurate and detailed vendor lead times
- Experience in maintaining relationships with both engineering departments and outside vendors
- 1st article reports
- Expert knowledge of resolving order discrepancies, defective materials, vendor returns and experience in approval, modifications and payment denials
- Strong background in negotiations with vendors related to: price increases, contract negotiations and fair market pricing
- Supplier reliability evaluations and reports
- Requisitions reviews, MRP exceptions reports, procurement methods (direct purchase or bid) and preparing purchase orders and purchase order approval
- Awarding bids to the selected vendor(s) and notify non-selected vendors
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and minimum three years purchasing and material planning experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer/Equipment Skills: Must be able to operate a PC and all office equipment. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet navigation, and have good working knowledge of MRP. Macola ERP software experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: APICS certification preferred but not required, Six Sigma Knowledge a plus.