Gale Banks Engineering (Banks Power) is an established, market-leading manufacturer of high-end performance power train products and engines, for automobiles, trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking an experienced, full time Buyer.
Successful candidate will:
- Review planned orders to start report and determine method of procurement (direct purchase or bid).
- Compute total cost of items to be purchased, generate purchase orders, and ensure supplier’s confirmation for all orders.
- Maintain procurement records within the ERP system that regard items purchases, costs, delivery, inventory, and vendor lead times.
- Analyze various reports to determine purchasing demands necessary to maintain support of lean stock levels.
- Ensure that purchased commodities are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and that materials meet the quality standards of the company.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of supplier reliability, and develop alternate sources if needed.
- Research and recommend new suppliers and determine that they meet the specified requirements for supplier qualifications.
- Create and mail, e-mail, or fax invitations for bid, negotiate pricing and evaluate the results and delivery.
- Investigate order discrepancies and take appropriate corrective action.
- Investigate price increases and contract renegotiations from suppliers. Review and respond to purchase price variance reports to affect standard costing.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and outside vendors. Inform vendors of design changes, obtain new pricing, and arrange for first article deliver and first production run delivery as needed. Expedite first article reports from Engineering.
- AA Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- 3 years minimum experience purchasing and material planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Able to meet or exceed set deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet navigation, windows based software programs and must have a good working knowledge of MRP. Experience with Intuitive ERP System is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with management and others
- Must have the ability to work well with people and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented and able to work under time constraints and deadlines
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant and professional work environment. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements.